Pancakes are one of the best ways to start your weekend. Here is a healthy twist to a popular recipe. Loving it in a healthy way!
3/4c stoneground whole-wheat flour
½ c organic milk
½ c water
1tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cinnamon
- Blend all the ingredients together then place the mixture in the fridge for 30-45 min
- Remove mixture from fridge
- Smear small coconut oil in pan then add 1/3c batter and fry until lightly browned on both sides.
- Serve with cultured plain yoghurt, fruit and pure maple syrup (optional).
- Serves 6
Guilt free wholegrain banana bread loaf. Great as a quick breakfast replacement or snack.
1½ c stone ground whole wheat flour (can be swapped with almond flour for gluten free option)
½ c oat bran
1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 tbs. xylitol
2 tsp cinnamon
8 pitted and chopped dates
½ c mixed seeds or flax seeds
1/3 c chopped pecan nuts
3 free range eggs (replace with 3 tbs. of flax seeds soaked in water for vegan option)
1½ tsp vanilla essence
1 tbs. organic virgin coconut oil
150ml coconut milk (or any type milk)
3 ripe bananas, mashed
½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients then in a separate bowl, combine/whisk all the wet ingredients.
- Mix both the dry and wet ingredients.
- Lightly oil your standard loaf tin then bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve with plain yoghurt, fruit, nut butter or a drizzle of maple syrup and cinnamon for a sweeter version.
Zucchini pasta noodles in basil pesto
Zucchini noodles are a light and healthy alternative to traditional pasta noodles. It is a quick to prepare nutritious, low-carbohydrate and gluten-free option.
4 fresh zucchini / baby marrow
2 cups fresh basil
2 cloves garlic
1/3 c olive oil
2 tsp. lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a spiraliser, place 1 zucchini at a time to get noodle shape.
- Blend garlic, basil, olive oil, lemon and pine nuts to make basil pesto. Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix basil pesto with zucchini and cherry tomato.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese or avocado slices.